|Jul. 12th, 2006 08:08 pm 105 questions|
Well, since everybody else seems to be doing it...1 comment - Leave a comment
1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING? No
2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP? 3 years
3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED? Bottle of wine, at my housewarming party
4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE? Yes
5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? 9:30-11:30 this morning
6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON? Living in San Francisco
7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE? Trader Joe's Turkey Chili, mixed with red beans and rice
8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? Hair
9. ONE FAVORITE SONG? Twilight Zone (Golden Earring)
10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? San Francisco, CA
11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED? Kingman High School, Kingman, AZ
12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER? Verizon
13. FAVORITE MALL STORE? Border's Books
14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD? Running my own consulting firm (since 1990 or so)
15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE? Yes
16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE? No
17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED? Simon & Diana's, a couple of months ago
18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY? Elizabeth
19. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND? Last week
20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT? Togo's
21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD? Mission Accomplished
23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS? Kabul Afghan Cuisine, in Sunnyvale
24. CAN YOU COOK? Yes, I make a wonderful French Toast
25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Kia Sportage
26. BEST KISSER? Wendy
27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Friday, watching the trailer for the new movie The Guardian. It's about Coast Guard rescues and rescuers, and stuff like that always chokes me up.
28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS? Coconut
29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF? Strong and smart, and very dependable
30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF? Weight
32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB? 18+ hours, on various search and rescue missions
33. FAVORITE MOVIE? Top Gun
34. CAN YOU SING? Not well, not any more. When I was a kid, I sang "Rhinestone Cowboy" in an elementary school talent show, and did fairly well.
35. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED? Baaba Mall, with my friend Lane. Great show!
36. LAST KISS? Other than a casual peck on the cheek? A few weeks ago, when a friend was visiting town.
37. LAST MOVIE RENTED? Don't remember. Haven't rented a movie in years, possibly decades; I have DirecTV and TiVo. Oh, I think I rented The Coca-Cola Kid while I was living in Australia in 2002, to share with some of my international classmates; great film!
38. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT? Eyeglasses
39. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT? Australia or New Zealand. Or maybe Ireland.
43. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER? Laptop, maxed out with memory, which spends almost all its time on my desk.
44. FAVORITE COMEDIAN? Robin Williams
45. DO YOU SMOKE? Never have, never will
46. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES? Without
47. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT? Nobody, at the moment
48. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK? Not without a lot of work
49. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE? Maybe 6 or so?
50. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST? French toast. Had a killer French Toast made from challah bread at Zazie's over in Cole Valley last week; yum!
51. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE? I like the smell, but not really the taste, and certainly not the caffeine
52 HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? Scrambled
53. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY? Not even a little bit
54. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Civil Air Patrol California Wing alerting officer, who was asking if I was available to run a search mission (97% likely to be a false alarm) near Yuba City this afternoon; I wasn't.
55. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST? Stefani, over a week ago.
56. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED? Notice that my web server was back up after rebooting at 2:30pm today, as it is configured to do at 2:30am and 2:30pm every day (if I don't reboot it every 12 hours, it crashes a few hours later, and I haven't found and fixed that problem yet).
58. NUMBER OF PILLOWS? 1
59. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Denim shorts, cotton mesh polo shirt (covered with pictures of palm fronds, lighthouses, and windsurfers), and Teva sandals.
60. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC? Shine on, you crazy diamond...
61. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J? Strawberry
62. CAN YOU PLAY POOL? Yes. I owned a pool table when I lived in Mountain View, but I sold it when I moved to San Francisco a few months ago.
63. CAN YOU SWIM? No. I want to learn.
64. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch
65. DO YOU LIKE MAPS? Oh, yes!
66. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF? I go by my middle name
68. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY? Yes
69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Summer; I love the long days.
70. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID? Friday, when I went to see the new Pirates of the Carribean movie.
71. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ? About 6:45am
72. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER? That it will be over soon. That it's summer in Australia, which is a good excuse to go visit friends downn there.
73. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET? 1997. I was on my way to pick up my employment offer from Covad, and got tagged by a Santa Clara PD motorcycle cop on a little street in the industrial area where Covad's offices were at the time.
75. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET? Lady, a border collie. Though it's not clear, now, whether she was really my dog, or my dad's dog (bought to herd my younger sister and me, and keep us away from trouble on the ranch we lived on at the time).
76. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED? Way overrated
77. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND? A friend's annual BBQ in Pleasanton
78. BIRTHDATE? 7/23/68
79. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE? A father
85. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP? Yes
87. ARE YOU SMILING? Not at the moment
89. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW? Always
90. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Australia
92. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? Not in over 20 years...
93. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Usually
94. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME? Opal
95. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT? Navy blue
96. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST? My most recent school starts its year in January, because it's in Australia (Melbourne Business School)
97. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH? No
98. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE? No; not really interested in a big-boat cruise, though a small-boat cruise with some sort of science/exploration theme might be interesting.
99. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? Yes
100. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS? Yes
101. ARE YOU IN LOVE? Not at the moment
102. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL? Yes; I visited one just last night, in fact, for a community disaster preparedness class.
103. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE IN PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW? Yes
104. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING? None. My wristwatch, which I usually wear whenever I'm awake, is sitting on the desk beside me because it was interfering with my typing.
105. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY? Make flight and car reservations to Denver, to go see the Cheyenne Frontier Days rodeo with my mother at the end of the month